Air Suspension Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lsawicki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I know there is a slight leak in the front left air bag in the EAS on my 93 RR LWB. Sometimes in different heights it doesn't leak (usually I hear a hissing sound), but now I've been noticing that what I think is the air compressor keeps buzzing when I come to a stop at stoplights. It buzzes for about 5 seconds, and then I hear some air exhaust. I don't know whether this is from the sometimes leaky bag, or maybe one of the lines? I would like to know if this will somehow damage the EAS compressor/valve block? I'm going to take it to a British Automotive place within the next two days to get their opinion. Any thoughts? I'm going to take some soapy water and spray it on the air lines and bags when it gets lighter...

D

davebl

The airbags will wear at different points so it is very common to have a leak at one setting, but not at another.

A leak overtime will **** your compressor (more so the teflon seal on the piston than anything else).

The puff of air you hear is probably the left over air when the compressor gets the tank filled up. I'd get your springs replaced ASAP because a worn compressor won't work and you will get a hard fault.

Follow my link in my sig for any RR Air Suspension needs you may have.

I don't think my sig is working quite right, so you can check out http://www.rover-renovations.com/?click=345

Last edited by a moderator:

strutmastr

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you have a hole or cracks in your airbag. The dealership typically diagnoses it as the compressor but that is only to keep you coming back and wasting more money on something that will never truly be fixed. The airbag is the problem now but when this happens the compressor has to work extra hard because it is like blowing up a balloon with a hole in it. Therefor the airbag will **** the compressor. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. This is a PERMANENT fix and ALOT cheaper than going to the dealership. I added the link below so you can check it out.

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

I hope I was of some help

Good Luck!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM