Air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

Julian

Is it possible to replace the rear air springs with coil springs? I replaced one air spring a year ago and have just replaced both last week and now the compressor has broken!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you can replace the air suspension with coils. I am pretty sure there is a write up out there.

What year Disco do you have, that will help with finding the correct info.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$350 at atlanticbritish.com. Looking forward to mine breaking so I can replace too.

J

Julian

It's a Series 11 (2004). I am based in Thailand and the LR garage has told me that quite a few customers have changed to coil springs but some have encountered problems post-change with warning lights on dash board lighting up and when servicing - computer system can't recognise the system.

J

Julian

Thanks, i had a look at atlanticbritish.com and noticed on reading the fitting instructions that you should disable the airsuspension from the computer settings to ensure no warning lights come on while driving! I will pass on this info to the garage here.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly enough if it is a Land Rover shop, they should have known about turning off the air suspension within the ECU.... I am not sure I would trust them to work on my Rover...

J

Julian

There are 3-4 Land Rover authorised dealers in Thailand - the front driveshaft broke on my car last year taking out the transfer box. I managed to get the job covered by LR but it took them nearly 3 months to find out the cause of the problem (I took the car to 2 LR garages). After replacing the transfer box / driveshaft I noticed within an hour the vibration was still there. They had to call in a mechanic from Malaysia to find out the problem - he found the alingment was out. And, before the problem happened i took the car 4-5 times to the LR dealer - they could not find out the cause of the problem and told me not to worry! It does not help when the Thai mechanics cannot read the information on the computerised engine link up - i actually took them through the monitor requests. LR's work best in developing countries without all the gadgets.

strutmastr

Reaction score
You can defiantly convert from air to springs. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. The kits have everything you need to convert from air to coil springs. I posted the link to the land rover section of the website so you can take a look.

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

I hope I was of some help to you

Good Luck!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM