5.0 metal rear coolant manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugmw177

Reaction score
looks sketchy; if it were welded together that might be a better option. since the rear heat manifold rarely catastrophically fails just begins to leak, i would use oe plastic one. Now if they will make a front crossover out of aluminum for the 5.0 NA, that would be excellent.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder what kind of gasket or sealing they used for the two halves. I think Philips screws are the wrong fastener if someone ever wanted to take it apart after 100k miles and change the gasket because the gasket won't last forever like a one-piece design.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks sketchy; if it were welded together that might be a better option. since the rear heat manifold rarely catastrophically fails just begins to leak, i would use oe plastic one. Now if they will make a front crossover out of aluminum for the 5.0 NA, that would be excellent.
Weird… my front one never went bad (before it was replaced) it was the rear crossover that blew up with no warning.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two screwed together halves?
No thanks.
Is the oem plastic one seamed in the same spot? A local shop uses the ones from RKX

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635