All Systems Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 - YouTube

This happened to me Sunday while I was on the highway going about 65 mph. Got meesages on center TFT screen "transmission fault" "brake fault" "stability control fault" etc....basically every system shut down. Sound system shut off, LR4 lowered to access height at 65mph, brakes didn't work normally, steering wheel became stiff. Drove car home very slowly and carefully. Turned it off and back on....no issues.
droped it off at dealer yesterday. still waiting tio hear from them.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a battery or alternator problem?

Let us know....

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it happen before as well.. luckily not on the highway. Turned it off and re-started, and it was fine. Keep us posted.

Reno LR

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. Dealer found a faulty accelerometer. They had to remove most of the dash to replace it but I have not had another occurrence since.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty dangerous. Glad you didnt have any other problems with non-moving objects

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the LR4 today. They said it was a faulty brake switch. They replaced the brake switch and cleared the codes. I'm Not sure what a brake switch is. Didn't have time to discuss with service manager. Seems to be ok now.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake switch is a silly, $20 blue/white mechanical switch that installs above your brake pedal, it basically clicks the rear brake lights on/off and takes all of 5 minutes to replace. Unfortunately, when it fails / shorts, it has a cascading effect on a number of connected modules as they all "think" something is wrong with your brakes and go into limp mode by default, issuing all kinds of doomsday faults. Search the LR3 forum for "brake light switch", lots of stories just like yours... For a $20 switch. I carry one in my car at all times now.

_Rover_Sport_LR3_Brake_Stop_Light_Switch_XKB500110.jpg

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW. Thanks for the info. I'm Amazed that such a silly little thing can cause all this!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW. Thanks for the info. I'm Amazed that such a silly little thing can cause all this!
Me too!

Glad to hear it was an easy fix. I am going to pick one up to keep in the car - just in case.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake switch is a silly, $20 blue/white mechanical switch that installs above your brake pedal, it basically clicks the rear brake lights on/off and takes all of 5 minutes to replace. Unfortunately, when it fails / shorts, it has a cascading effect on a number of connected modules as they all "think" something is wrong with your brakes and go into limp mode by default, issuing all kinds of doomsday faults. Search the LR3 forum for "brake light switch", lots of stories just like yours... For a $20 switch. I carry one in my car at all times now.

_Rover_Sport_LR3_Brake_Stop_Light_Switch_XKB500110.jpg

Wow!

We need a separate thread that captures items like this that we should consider keeping in the truck with us, especially on long trips.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM