Amoung All Of The Negativity...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

MightyMax

Just wanted to say my disco is running fantastic and things couldn't be better...except for gas consumption of course.

Thought I'd put this thread out there and let others have a chance of saying how good their Disco is.

As we all know there are a lot of potential disco owners who come on here and make decisions on purchasing a disco based on what they read....lets give them something positive :).

Just had my pads, rotors and alignment done. The rover is still running great and the hottest truck on the road :p

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't complain about mine either... runs great.. only issue was self induced. burnt the wires up going to the Cigar lighter... too many accesories.... That happens, I will just make it bigger and bader then before. :biggrin:

T

tuxigezu

Disco runs great.

My disco is running well too. It is the most useful vehicle I've ever owned.
All cars get sick sometime.

B

bombardier

Good to see this thread. Just purchased my first LR, 2003 SE7. Have been a long time jeep owner (cherokee), but when they killed that model they killed my interest. Unlike most Jeep/LR guys I think both trucks are great. I don't car for the LR3 and always loved the discovery. So i wanted to make sure i got one before they were long gone. Seems all the truck trucks are being killed. my jeep Xj is gone, replaced by IFS liberty and now the disco is gone replaced but a larger "squishier" LR3. Drove one at the dealer, awesome luxury, but felt like a lincoln navigator...and i want a truck.

Have always heard of terrible reliability with these (of coarse being a Jeep owner I heard it a lot), but thought most was just noice or from people who didn't know how to take care of a truck. But since mine arrived, I've been looking over forums and have been amazing how many Discovery Enthusiasts actually complain of problems. I was starting to get a little buyers remorse. My beauty has 22k miles and runs flawless so far. I just hope i don't run into any of these horror stories.

Of coarse my "check engine" light is on and I'm already dreading the codes I get back on that. I hope to have this truck forever, assuming it doesn't fall apart. Its the wife's for the next couple years, but as soon as that baby is mine all the toys go on it!.

Had OME suspension on my Jeeps and loved it, can't wait to toss that on my Disco! take care.

M

MightyMax

tuxigezu said:
My disco is running well too. It is the most useful vehicle I've ever owned.
All cars get sick sometime.

Very True Tuxigezu. All cars do get sick sometimes, it's all about how you take care of it prior to, during and after the illness.

C

capthook

With all the little fix it yourself 'bugs' along the way, I still love my Discovery II to death and it's never let me down or stranded... still the best 4x4 on the market, and worth twice the money. Problems can arise with time, as with all vehicles; but I thank Land Rover every time I service it for the simplicity & wide open work space of this vehicle's design and know it isn't so simplistic for Audi, BMW, Jaguar owners when it comes time to lift that hood and figure out where/what your problem is. Enuf said, it's a great truck I'm glad I bought one

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '97 has been running great for almost 2 years now... I just had to get the maintenance up to date, and repair a leaking radiator. I still love it.

M

MightyMax

Bump

Merry Xmas Everyone!!!!!

I hope everyone gets something from RoverClaus under the tree this year.

E

Eva

I am a very new owner (3 months) of a 97 discovery and so far I love it. I don't really do any of the mechanical work YET myself but I am sure that I will learn alot from everyone here. We just moved to a rural area and we have dirt roads on small hills, it has snowed and I am a scardey cat to drive in it BUT with my trusty LR Discovery so far I have not slid, stopped, got stuck, and it doesn't even act like it's going to get stuck in the snow (I have not put on chains ). I know I should probably be impressed with the engine or something but I'm a girl so I like the heated seats, windows, easy to drive, and it still looks good. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99