Annoying Rattle…driving me nuts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, something is rattling in the cargo are of my LR3! I have removed all contents but it still rattles, I removed the cargo tray but it still rattles, I opened the 3rd row seats but it still rattles, I closed the 3rd row and it still rattles, I have checked the tool compartments and it still rattles, I checked the internal frame on the rear door and everything appears to be tight but it still rattles.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the extendor/shocks on your rear hatch are tight at each end.
Those have a tendancy to come loose.

Coop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. i will check that when i get home.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try having someone else drive while you sit in the third row. Maybe you can find it that way. I have the same thing, but it doesn't happen enough to bother me.

P.S. I already checked my hatch struts.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My roof rack and TA/KO tires took care of my noise issue.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. The seat behind the front passenger, the single seat, rattles and shakes above 70mph. Dealer said problem is non-oem tires. Watch that seat, see if yours shakes.

Coop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
non-oem tires, really?!?!?!,...makes you wonder if the service staff have ever driven an oem tire eqipped LR3. My geolanders are far quieter and smoother than the stock GYs were.

I found the red receiver plug for the hitch dropped in one of the side compartments with the jack. I removed and will see if that was contributing to the racket.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have your rear suspension bushings checked, as well as the shocks. Sometimes a shock will go bad and rattle, as will the suspension bushings.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear sway bar links have bushings that turn to goo after a while also. That caused a rattle on mine.

Of course, my kids drop things like matchbox cars and jelly beans that seem to fall into the little metal recessed feet of the middle seat and cause rattling that drives me nuts until I find them. The exterior of my truck sees a lot of off road use, but the interior is pristine and I love it that way. Any rattle is cause for hair loss and therapy for me :)

Actually, I also found that a dab of grease where the middle seat bottom attaches or rests on the metal cross bar eliminated one rattle I had. Whenever I had someone sit back there, their weigh on the seat cushion made the rattle go away. Eventually I figured it out...

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have issues with the sun screens rattling. no matter how many times they replace the clips (etc.) the rattle comes back in no time. right now the 3rd row is rattling bad. If anyone has a sure fix, please let me know!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72