Another radio problem thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today got back to work, turned of the LR, but sat there listening to the radio while fiddling around on my phone, after a few minutes the radio turned off.

Later on, had to run somewhere, and the radio would not turn on...it lights up and the clock is there, but it will not turn on.

Now for the details:
1.) Key was in the ignition, off position
2.) Had not opened any doors
3.) No battery warning lights illuminated
4.) I have the base LR3 (2006), no fancy radio for me
5.) I have started the vehicle 3 or more times since incident

Now before posting I went out and started to check the fuses behind the glove box, they were all good. So I started to remove the radio to see if there was a fuse on the back, and my gimpy hand (have a cast on for ruptured ligament) bumped the power button and the radio turned on, then switched to cd, then switched to aux. It is now working again, I put it back on FM, then turned it off, put everything back together. I started the LR and the radio turned on.

So, in the future, am I going to have to remove all the radio fuses to get the radio to turn back on, or is there some magical mystical way to avoid all of that?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you may have a bad connection or loose/broken wire somewhere. Maybe when you were poking around with the fuses something moved and the connection was restored?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99