Any liners or mats to protect beautiful factory LR mats from kids and Costco trips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - my current LR factory mats are in immaculate condition. Do you think it makes sense to buy some sort of clear mats to protect the original ones from the dirt the kids bring in and from leaking milk containers after Costco trips in my LR3? The goal will be to put these clears on top of existing factory mats. My current interior is beige.

If anyone has bought something similar for their LR's, please post links / seller info if possible. Thanks in advance.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...just to make sure I understand, Paula...you want to know about getting mats, to protect your MATS? Are you INSANE?!?

Not to judge, but that's just f'n ridiculous. They are MATS...in a LAND ROVER! Get over it, already. They are washable. Plus, how about just not allowing Milk in the vehicle? They can pound that $hit before getting in.

Wow....get a 4-Runner already.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... Get the rubber mats for those times, or just leave them in.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair re-direct. If you meant the carpet-mats, I can kinda understand wanting to keep them clean. tlt's comment is very poignant, actually. I bought the rubber mats thinking I'd use my carpet-mats in summer and rubber the rest of the time.

I haven't seen my carpet mats in a few years. I think they are in the tool shed. The rubber ones are awesome.

twoboarders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - my current LR factory mats are in immaculate condition. Do you think it makes sense to buy some sort of clear mats to protect the original ones from the dirt the kids bring in and from leaking milk containers after Costco trips in my LR3? The goal will be to put these clears on top of existing factory mats. My current interior is beige.

If anyone has bought something similar for their LR's, please post links / seller info if possible. Thanks in advance.

I replaced the carpet mats with the LR rubber mats. Front, rear and cargo area.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just buy the rubber mats, they are super heavy duty and washable, you can put some teflon coating on the carpet mats as well

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I took my pristine carpet mats out the day I drove my LR4 home. Vacuumed them really well and put them into the plastic bags they came in and put them in basement storage. I installed the LR original rubber mats throughout and they perform very well. I thought about swapping the carpet ones back in for "special occasions" but then I saw the kind of stuff that accumulates on the rubber mats (even though I keep a very clean interior). I will probably never sell this vehicle but if I do that will be when I put the carpet mats back in.

I don't think you'd be happy with the looks or performance of a clear protective cover on the carpet mats if such a product even exists.

PS: From a style standpoint I have to admit that the stamped metal Land Rover plate on the carpet mats is cool but the tradeoff is worth it.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I decided to find a middle ground and have the original LR carpets in the front row and the rubber mats in the 2nd row and cargo. Best of both worlds.

dj_karl

Reaction score
I like the Weathertech molded mats because they really catch the dirt and liquid spills.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112