Anybody regret not getting LUX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you/us that didn't go with the LUX trim and instead opted for HSE with maybe an upgraded climate pkg or something... any regrets not getting the LUX? There are really only 3 things I wish I had on my HSE that I don't have. 1. Passive Keyless entry. 2. HID lights. 3. Memory seats. I could care less about the vision assist or the HD towing. I am going to remedy the HID lights by installing the Phillips CV ultras. But the other two well I will just have to wait until my next LR. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE this truck!!

Just wondered if anyone else had similar thoughts.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I could care less about the "upgraded" leather. For my purposes and my dog... the leather I got seems like it will suite my needs and wear better. Forgot to throw that in because I know there has been some discussion about the different leathers.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you/us that didn't go with the LUX trim and instead opted for HSE with maybe an upgraded climate pkg or something... any regrets not getting the LUX? There are really only 3 things I wish I had on my HSE that I don't have. 1. Passive Keyless entry. 2. HID lights. 3. Memory seats. I could care less about the vision assist or the HD towing. I am going to remedy the HID lights by installing the Phillips CV ultras. But the other two well I will just have to wait until my next LR. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE this truck!!

Just wondered if anyone else had similar thoughts.
Hey LRNewbie11,

This is a question that has come up a few times. I have the HSE with the climate comfort and heavy duty package. I did not purposely look for this combination, but it ended up being a good deal. I think the only thing that would be neat to have is the passive key entry and the folding side mirrors, but I would not really utilize anything else. The HID lights are nice, but replacing the bulbs with Philips CV (as you mentioned) really gives it a great look and visibility. Options such as memory seats, vision assist, surround camera, etc. I would never really use. In addition, as you mention, I like the more durable feeling leather of the HSE, as the Lux is a bit softer.

So, I do not regret NOT getting a Lux, as I feel my LR4 HSE has all the options that I need.

I am glad you are enjoying your truck!!!

-David.

So,

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's everything that is in the Lux but not in the HSE (cut/pasted from the Land Rover website):
In addition to all the features on the LR4 HSE Plus, the LR4 HSE LUX comes with the following:

- Premium ruched leather seats
- Xenon headlamps
- Front Park Distance Controls
- Interior Mood Lighting
- Passive Keyless Entry
- Center console cooler box
- 480-watt harman/kardon® LOGIC7® AM/FM single-slot CD player with 14 speakers
- Premium leather cubby box lid and leather gear knob
- Memory driver package, with driver seat, steering column, and mirror settings
- Electric driver and passenger seats that include recline, cushion height and cushion tilt adjustments
- Electronically-adjustable side bolsters for driver's seat
Looking at this list, I'm glad I got the lux. I find that I do use and enjoy most of these features.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's everything that is in the Lux but not in the HSE (cut/pasted from the Land Rover website):

Looking at this list, I'm glad I got the lux. I find that I do use and enjoy most of these features.
I do wish I had the front park distance controls! :)

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too like a lot of the extra goodies the LUX has. Not sure I would give them up.

Rob

starrover

Reaction score
I wish everyday for the memory seats and the passive keyless entry!!! Those are the ONLY additions I would make to my otherwise perfect LR4 HSE.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Now that I see it in writing... yeah I kinda wish I had all that too. I have to keep telling myself it was the deal that I got.... :biggrin:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate buyer's remorse, buying something and then wishing you bought more of it. Or none of it. I personally thought about my purchase very carefully before making the purchase. I spent time with both the HSE and LUX and decided to go with a loaded HSE instead. So I didn't have any regrets, wishing I had "more" of something afterwards – I made sure that I asked myself the question before taking ownership!

But I can understand how some can regret, or wish they got more... I've been there a few times myself. But the funny thing is, I once went for the "loaded" level vehical and have sworn not to do it again, because in the end, it turned out to be nothing but a huge waste of money - a consumer want rather than a need. With what you can save on not getting the LUX, you can outfit your LR4 with a ton of useful accessories. Which IMO, serves a better purpose for a Land Rover than a bunch of silly gizmos.

Last edited:

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate buyer's remorse, buying something and then wishing you bought more of it. Or none of it. I personally thought about my purchase very carefully before making the purchase. I spent time with both the HSE and LUX and decided to go with a loaded HSE instead. So I didn't have any regrets, wishing I had "more" of something afterwards – I made sure that I asked myself the question before taking ownership!

But I can understand how some can regret, or wish they got more... I've been there a few times myself. But the funny thing is, I once went for the "loaded" level vehical and have sworn not to do it again, because in the end, it turned out to be nothing but a huge waste of money - a consumer want rather than a need. With what you can save on not getting the LUX, you can outfit your LR4 with a ton of useful accessories. Which IMO, serves a better purpose for a Land Rover than a bunch of silly gizmos.

I hear ya, but completely disagree....I love all the lux features.....woudn't wanna be without them.....but i am a known gadget geek........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4