Anyone else with Alignment Troubles??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had some body damage to a door and had it in the shop for repair. The body shop thought there was some additional damage to my wheel as well so they replaced the wheel/tire and had an alignment done at my local Les Schwab. Now in reality there wasn't any damage to my wheel just off road rash (lots, including a good gash in my tire but I knew that was there before). I get the rig back and the steering wheel was way off center. I took it back and they made it better but not good enough. Now my time is valuable so rather **** around with them anymore I schedule an alignment at my local dealer. It is now just as bad as it was the first time the tire shop screwed it up!!!
Before all of this I personally replaced all the worn bushings and ball joints in the front end so I marked all the alignment bolts and put everything back. The steering was PERFECT, dead on as it was before I did the repair (not sure how I got so lucky but I did). Now how is it that these two shops with supposebly the correct equipment still can't get it right.
And yes I will be calling the dealer tomorrow to get the alignment redone.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick with the dealer until they get it right. Having the steering wheel centered with the correct number of turns-to-lock is part of the process.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got it back today. Steering wheel finally seems straight or straight enough (road crown tends to pull it to the right but on the flats its straight). I guess the fourth time was a charm!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90