Anyone ever have to replace their right (or left) rear window?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildewinds

Reaction score
I believe it's called the quarter window.

Some stupid m*****f***** broke the right rear window of our LR3 to steal an old bag with paperwork in it. The bag was free, the paperwork was free. Total loss: the freaking window.

Anyone ever have to replace theirs? I'm going to the dealership tomorrow on an unrelated issue and it would be nice to know other people's prices.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, that sucks. I just had my drivers window shattered, valentine v1 was stolen. The dealer charged me around $400 for that, so the quarter window can't be more.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if your alarm went off. Were you around it to perhaps here the horn going off?

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine? Yah, the alarm went off, but it was parked two stories underneath my building in the parking garage. No one heard it. They also went for my brothers car that was parked beside mine (he also had a v1 in addition to a sub and amp), but he has a 2007 trailblazer ss and any car 2007+ has double paned insulated glass. It only left cracks in the glass, couldn't get through.

Wildewinds

Reaction score
Don't know if my alarm went off. I was down the trail hiking with the family. I hope it did. Maybe that's why they didn't go through the rest of the car. They could have taken a few more things.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... any car 2007+ has double paned insulated glass. It only left cracks in the glass, couldn't get through.

no sh*t? I didn't know that.

so the '07 LR3s have better glass than my '05?

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot where i read it and can't seem to find it online again, but most manufacturers had insulated glass as standard on their 2007 models. My brother told me the LR3 was on the list, but my dealer said it wasn't available as a retrofit for my 2005. I know the 07 range rovers emphasized the fact they had insulated windshields and windows by saying it reduced wind noise or something, but i never heard about it specifically as a model year change for the LR3. All i know is that even with 2 attempts on the passenger window and 3 on the tailgate glass, they couldn't break into my brothers car.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM