Anyone have a system in their Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Q

quatney

I'm looking into putting something into my 04 Land Rover Discovery for some bass. The questions is, what the hell should I look for? I haven't had a system in my car since 96'.

I just want a 10" sub, with a good amount of bass, I'm not looking to impress everyone else, I just want some thump in my ride. I want something that will hook up to my factory unit if at all possible. I also want some sort of box (I could just build this) that is removable and fairly small.

I'm not sure what brands are good for amps or subs.

Do ya'll know of anything good, and where to get it online?

Roverhound

Reaction score
Infinity makes a stand alone sub with built in amp that is made to plug into stock system. It's also removable for those days of wheeling.
Try www.crutchfield.com

Q

quatney

Great!!

Thanks for the help. I'm going to have to save up some cash for this, but I'm glad I've got some better ideas now.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to say that JL is awesome. I have 1 12" W6 JL speaker and it beats a lot of 2 12" systems. Pay for it now, and skip the upgrade later.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam, any pics of your setup that you're willing to share? :biggrin:

M

maxson

i have a kicker 12 inch comp vr with a planet audio amp, it sounds amazing u have to get a system the stock bass isnt enough for me

N

nixxy

The JL definitely kicks ass - I have the W3 10". I've had it for 3 years and it still sounds awesome. You can easily splice into the stock system to wire your amp...
Andy

M

maxson

heres a picture of my sub, i hid the amp inside the bin on the side

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics