Anyone Interested In Group Buy: Sump Guard For the Discovery 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didnt see this until now. crash and burn. sorry guys, i was so pumped. the product looked, im open for suggestions.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... im open for suggestions.

Well, the comperable one (8mm aluminum Mantec) lists for $499 through Rovers North. All the more reason why GN was such a great deal :frown:

IMG_2894.jpg

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the comperable one (8mm aluminum Mantec) lists for $499 through Rovers North. All the more reason why GN was such a great deal :frown:

IMG_2894.jpg

i am totally there. i just could not swallow $500 + Ship for the Mantec. I now set the standard at 8mm, so back to the drawing board.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How necessary is this skid plate, really? It's in an area where you can readily see the obstacle and determine if it's going to be an issue.

...not a matter of fact question; what do people really think?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How necessary is this skid plate, really? It's in an area where you can readily see the obstacle and determine if it's going to be an issue.

...not a matter of fact question; what do people really think?

Based on my limited experience and where i wheel - I think the sump guard is a definite 2nd to sliders. If I were to do it again, I would put it somewhere behind A/T tires, adj height arms, full size spare, etc....I probably wouldn't have one yet. ;-)

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave Rovers North a call and they are in for the group buy. I have no pricing yet but was told a good idea of cost would be emailed out to me tomorrow. I told him the full breakdown and pricing of the original groupbuy and he told me that it would be more than the plates we were looking at but would email the details tomorrow. So I need to know who is still willing to buy (for more than the original)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at it objectively, I'd probably say it's a good piece of armor to have except I already have the Rasta under-engine skid plate which goes quite a ways forward. It basically butts up against the plastic OE cover. The lower sub-frame is right behind that plastic cover, too, and protects the radiator a bit. Good luck with the group-buy everyone!

Last edited:

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky 8 has them for slightly cheaper shipped, $524... if that makes any difference

That's a flippin joke. I just paid $370 or so shipped from the UK. Turns out my 6mm is marine grade, high strength aluminum and is powder coated. Sorry folks, but even going to a local custom fabricator will be cheaper than $524, IMO.

I cannot believe the price gouging going on in the domestic US Land Rover market. Everything and I really do mean everything is cheaper if you order directly from vendors in the UK. Maybe if we all go over there, the US vendors will smarten up a bit. :argh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo