Anyone Interested In Group Buy: Sump Guard For the Discovery 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested.... But curious if I'll be able to mount a winch behind the bumper? I'm a little bit confused about what EXACTLY I need for the winch and don't want to buy this plate if it wont work with my future plans. :confused:

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trynian,

That looks like the Mantec sump guard, which I believe is only available in winch compatible configuration from a Land Rover dealer.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trynian,

That looks like the Mantec sump guard, which I believe is only available in winch compatible configuration from a Land Rover dealer.

I think he's referring to the Rasta 4x4 internal winch mount on the rig, not the actual plate. You can go ahead and use the sump guard from the group buy and then still have the winch to go inside the bumper :biggrin:

Oh and I may be interested as long as shipping doesn't **** it for me and if can bring myself to go ahead and buy it. I'm in MD

Trynian

Reaction score
Trynian,

It is the mantec non winch model only sold by Rovers North imported from the UK. Not available from the dealer in the US.

It is the almost identical to the copy model that this group buy is for.

But the point is the same, the the hidden winch option will work with it.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So . . . 1 in SoCal (davidfkon)
1 In MD (chesapeakerover)
1 in PA (techboydino)
. . . team jeaf? . . . .

I'm willing to go through the f'n repackaging/shipping . . . but youz guys gotta pony up the $ . . .

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So . . . 1 in SoCal (davidfkon)
1 In MD (chesapeakerover)
1 in PA (techboydino)
. . . team jeaf? . . . .

I'm willing to go through the f'n repackaging/shipping . . . but youz guys gotta pony up the $ . . .

you talkin lean on my mortgage or what?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo