Anyone know what's causing washer fluid to leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have windshield washer fluid leaking from my passenger side headlight washer. Anyone know what would cause the fluid to weep from the headlight washer jets?

Thanks in advance!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gravity is a *****.:wink:

I think all washer jets (headlamp and windshield) include some sort of non-return valve to prevent this from happening, and to prevent washer fluid in the lines from draining back into the reservoir. Chances are that the NRV on that washer is stuck open on your car, and gravity - such as cornering while driving - causes fluid from the reservoir to leak through the jet. As a matter of fact, since the washer is so low on the car and the filling neck all the way up there in the engine compartment, those washers may be slowly weeping fluid even when stationary if the valve is jammed open. You may want to try activating the headlamp washers a few times and see if the valve gets unjammed on its own. Otherwise you may need a new washer jet on your bumper.

Last edited:

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob,

You were dead on! I took some compressed air and gave each side a "blast". Turned the truck on, gave it a test, and...works perfect again! Of course, I'm sure I'll get some suspension fail or check engine light now...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo