ARB Fridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody running an ARB fridge/freezer in thier LR3/4?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I'm using the "new" ARB fridge.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody running an ARB fridge/freezer in thier LR3/4?

I am actually on my second new style fridge. I bought the first one about 1.5 years ago. The first one had an electronic failure and just ran nonstop at about 9 months of ownership. The warrenty through ARB is 3 years and they were awesome to deal with on the exchange!! Highly recommend.. In the LR3 in a warm to hot climate you will only get about 1 day of idle time before it shuts itself down. Unless of course you have a dual battery setup!! They are very nice and I have used them for about 5-6 years now. The first being an Engle fridge.

MyKitchen.JPG

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have actually just been looking into getting one. thus far, the best price i can find is from justin over at lucky 8. i bought my sliders from him and he was great to deal with. i have been emailing traxide ( http://www.traxide.com.au/D3_kits.html ) about the dual battery setup. the kit with 2 extra 12v power sources for the rear runs $405 AU dollars shipped or about $367 US dollars, plus you have the $175-200 cost of the 2nd battery. combined with a little over $800 in cost of the fridge and transit bag. ryan, how are you securing your fridge? where are those straps going to?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remove the 4 tiedown hooks and bolt down a piece of 3/4 plywood. The plywood has the anchor points for all my gear. When not in use I can simply unbolt and remove the plywood. Throw the rubber mat in and you wouldn't even know I made changes!!! I really hate permanetly altering any vehicle because chances are all the accessories will change at least once over the life of the rig.

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Ryan, do I need any wiring upgrades to that 12v plug in back to run this thing?
How is yours wired up?

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a plywood base bolted down. Pretty cool! Do you use spacers between the carpeting and the plywood?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Ryan, do I need any wiring upgrades to that 12v plug in back to run this thing?
How is yours wired up?

No upgrades. I just wired in a 12v socket in the back (Mine is a five seater so no plug from the factory, harness is already in place though). I didn't use the factory hole becuase it would have put the plug in the way. Instead I mounted it underneath on the angled section. The outlet is normally only energized with the key on So I removed the relay and put in a jumper to bypass it I actually did this on Power outlet and cig lighter plugs. (These relays are located in the panel behind the glove box). I can know use my power outlets at any time!!

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a plywood base bolted down. Pretty cool! Do you use spacers between the carpeting and the plywood?

No spacers it just goes directly to the floor. Keeps the carpet clean and the gear tied down...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90