ARB Front Bumper for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, ya, that would look better. I do like the idea of the protection around the lights, but it also blocks the good lines of the hood and lights.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expat93, do you have any nice pictures showing off the rear bumper and tire carrier? I have never seen one live before, and the pictures that I have seen have never given me a good perspective of how much it sticks out, the pain of opening the back, etc. I think that bumper on the LC would look better without the chrome bar....I have seen a few TJM bumpers without the bull bar and actually prefer the look...

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expat93, do you have any nice pictures showing off the rear bumper and tire carrier? I have never seen one live before, and the pictures that I have seen have never given me a good perspective of how much it sticks out, the pain of opening the back, etc. I think that bumper on the LC would look better without the chrome bar....I have seen a few TJM bumpers without the bull bar and actually prefer the look...

I have a bunch of pictures on my Google page. Check them out here and let me know if you want more.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

I have the Kaymar on the rear with the tire carrier and overall, I like it. Its Heavy and yes its often a pain to open the tire before opening the hatch, but I like it. First, something about a "Real" bumper just makes sense. I can back into a lot of crap without worrying about it verses the expense of having to replace all that plastic. Also, it looks great. I also always worried about needing to get to the spare under the truck is I was off road sitting in the sand or mud. The logic of having a problem where the truck is sitting at its lowest and then having to retieve the spare from under the truck just seemed silly. The tire hanging out there gives the truck a whole different look and is really what did it for me.

I haven't done anything on the front yet, I'm hoping for a new entry into the market. For me, the ARB is currently just too large. I like the other bumper that they make for the LC200 without the brush guard, but its not available yet. Anyway, thats my 2 cents. Good luck.
Thanks for providing your input and photos - very helpful. I really like the Kaymar bumper and would consider getting it at some point. Now this gets me thinking I should start with the rear bumper (with tire carrier) and then do the front later. It's a lot of weight, but I am most concerned about any issues (except losing MPGs... that's a given).

Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM