Bad Oxygen sensor...bank 2 sensor 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some googling and can't get a definite answer as to if it's driver or passenger side. I'm assuming sensor 2 means the rearmost. What is the best brand to get?

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very similar fault causing the check engine light to come on. P0170-00 (fuel trim bank 1). The way it was explained was this error causes error P0137-00 O2 Sensor circuit low voltage (bank 1 sensor 2) to come on. This all is a part of a service bulletin LTB00071. This was explained that high-mileage LRs (I have 101k) get an over-sensitive electronic control module and it needs to be recalibrated. LR updated the ECM and it was resolved. I'm not sure if any of this is helpful but might get you in the right direction. The light is gone now.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add some BG44K or Sea Foam to the tank and drive it like you stole it... The light will go out most likely.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously like tlt said. I failed emissions cause of that code. I bought some BG44k with some shell premium gas. Went back couple days later and passed. My oxygen sensors were new so I knew that wasn't the cause.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can pick up a case of 6 shell Techron for maintenance at cost co in the auto section. I would still recommend the BG44 or Sea Foam to start.

If you think about it, and run this as a maintenance thing, try to do it just before changing your oil..

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check engine light went off on it's own before I could get down to look at it...should I still replace the sensor or try the cleaner stuff and see where that goes?

Also, in this pic, this is the passenger side...is the red the downstream and blue the upstream?

IMG_8987.jpg

But right now since the light went out on it's own I'm leaning towards doing the fuel system cleaner and seeing if it comes back. Especially since I'd have to order the sensor from Atlantic British anyway. Couldn't hurt to try the fuel system cleaner. Would it be that bad to do it and wait a few thousand miles for an oil change? Just did one...have about 4k left.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't run that risk. I'd just change the oil early.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM