Best tires for LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
IM looking at new tires for my LR3. its mt dd so all terrains are what im looking for but i cant deside between the hankook dynapro ATM, cooper zeon LTZ, or nitto terra grappler. I take her off road 6-10 times a year right now with my toyo proxies and they do ok but i really want something less soccer mom!! What R U folks running and how do you like them?

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Zeon's are real nice. I ran the TG's for a while and decided to go more aggressive with the GY DuraTrac's. The TG's were fine for loose, dry, rocky conditions and they had a bulletproof sidewall! I spend much of my time in wet clay area's and the GY's work best there but they have a much softer sidewall ( cut 1 the first month).

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the GYs come in a size that fits on a stock LR3?

@tonga: Have you considered BFG All-terrains?

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
So i think im leaning towards the nitto's. however i like that the hankooks are close to stock size…

how are the nittos on road noise? it looks like the hankooks may be quitter for road/dd driving

at some point im thinking of getting a to get a second set of rims and mt tires for off road use in combo with the johnson rods from the "lift kit anyone?" thread

http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=19353&page=2

but then again it sounds like that setup could be a dd as well… so maybe what i want is an oversize at tire that is quite and can get me through a mud hole… does that exist?

side note has anyone seen / have pics of a lr3 with supper swampers on it?

bottom line having a lux suv that can handle it's poo off road is very confusing but i love it!!!

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
i dont really like the bfg's for some reason… too… high school kid with a pre-runner / wana be desert racer… totally biased and void of logic i know. im leaning towards the nitto TGs however i like that the hankooks are close to stock size. it puts my rubbing worries to rest as i use the access hight quite a bit. LA parking structures are low and my girl like to shop. my main concern is punctures and traction when it pours here in California and theres a mud hole that needs to be conquered. rock crawling is only done if there is no other way… or im trying to show off :)

side note where are the attachment points for recovery on the lr3… yes i know i should know this but i bought the truck quasi recently (8 mounths ago) and have never been close to getting stuck so i haven't really looked for them. had it off road only half a dozen times so dont get too dad on me...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink