big problem, inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got o2 sensors being shipped out tomorrow. ill let you know what happens after i get them put in.

scostagl

Reaction score
I had this happen on my '04 disco. No CELs but it was these readiness codes. Turns out if you have disconnected your battery or re-set any CELs, you will need to drive about 75-100 miles or so to turn them off. For me, I had all 5 readiness codes flash when I tried to get an inspection (I had recently removed the neg. terminal to do some work). 100miles of driving later, I passed inspection as all the codes had gone away.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now im super impressed. the cat i ordered came yesterday, and it only has the holes for the front 2 o2 sensors. now i get to cut the new pipe and weld it to the old ones so i have holes for the 2 o2 sensors that go behind the 2 cats. the one i ordered is suposed to be a factory replacement. i even made sure i ordered the correct one for the "sd" model that i have.so this weekend i get to hack and weld.:mad:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would call and complain.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i intend to tonight or tomorrow. why would i get a direct factory replacement that dosnt have all the holes for the o2 sensors ? or it shouldnt say direct replacement.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the sent you either a UK version or a 94 - 95 Disco version since they do not have rear O2 sensors.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finaly got all the right parts and got them on. havent gone for the inspection yet but it runs amazingly better. its like a whole different rover. truely a night and day difference. :biggrin:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Where did you order the parts from, and did they give you any hassle do the exchange?

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the o2 sensors from the guy you suggested, and i got the cat from partsbin.com. theyre kind of a pain to return things to. i explained the problem over the phone then they said they would process the return and send a email explaining how to return it,and the email want me to call back and basicly re-explain why it was the wrong part so i havent sent it yet but will be soon after i apparently get to call and re-explain that it didnt have enough o2 sensor holes

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh this just keeps getting better. if i had fire insurance id be looking for a new rover right now insted of typing this.even though it was running remarkably better this morning on the way to work, on my way home from work it began doing the loss of power thing that it does and after puting on the dyagnostic to see if the o2s and the cat were reading yet, they still read not ready. as i said before i replaced the 2 front o2s and the cat.

why does the rover hate me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM