Blower motors not working at all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumb6plyr

Reaction score
I may need a whole new digital climate control head. It looks like all of that stuff is integrated.

eieiooo

Reaction score
I would suggest checking ALL fuses .... not just those listed as applicable to the heater & A/C. I recently had a problem with the blower on my disco and found a bad fuse, one not listed in either the shop or owner manual.
Bill

thumb6plyr

Reaction score
Update, relays replaced, fuse box replaced, grounds checked. Dealer checked the codes and it has hard codes for the blower motors...They put in a new climate control and that did not fix it..The people I bought the truck from tried to jump start it and apparently hooked the cables up wrong and fried them, along with the grill and a few places on the front bumper. I dont have any more info about that yet. I dont know if that is when the fan motors quit working or not. My locks also lock and unlock at will. I do have one blower motor on the way, but even with the new fuse box installed I cant get any voltage at the large white and green wire running to the pass fan motor. I think I am checking it right. I will put in the new motor when it arrives...meanwhile I am still checking wireing. I may replace the ground cable from body to alt. Also, tomorrow I will check my battery which looks like a chepo. Still checking and sweating....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold the phone... they hooked up the battery cables wrong during a jump start.... Go get your money back... you probably have fried all kinds of electrical equipment and ECU's. can you say $$$$$

thumb6plyr

Reaction score
Yea, I dint notice this untill I bought the car. But everything works, except the fan blowers. Only faults the dealer found were fan blowers. Only other problem is the door locking which is probably the actuator wearing out. 87000 miles. Im going to fight through this one.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would push back on them... It could cause other odd issues later.

gseppanen

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 97 RR. There were multiple issues including BECM, bad fan relays, bad a burned out fuse box, dirty fan internal circuit.
Check the input to the relay to see if it's getting 12v from the BECM. (Engine must be running. Pull the relay and check the input) Mine had a good input. Apply 12v to the output to the fan to see if the fan runs, it shouldn't. If you look down inside where you plug the relay, you'll may see a blackened circuit board. Mine had both fan relay output pins burned out. This caused the relays to burn out. (Oh, Radio Shack 40 amp SPST relay #275-001 can be used. The plastic mounting tab is cut off and it works just fine for $7.)
I tried repairing the circuit boards (there are two boards back to back) but ended up replacing the fuse box. The fuse box was causing a number of random power issues including gearbox errors. New fuses and fuse box, clean out one fan motor and the fans work fine.
My AC Compressor overtemp switch is the lastest issue. It opens randomly and the AC clutch disengages. I'm looking for a replacement...or I'll jumper it out. 110 F is too hot to travel without air.

Modorange

Reaction score
I am a newbie here.. Joined for this purpose. I have a '98 RR HSE and last summer the right hand side blower stopped blowing. The driver's side works. When the pass side is activated but doesn't run, the book/explanation point error message shows up on the LCD.

Air blows cold on the left, no air, (warm un-airconditioned) on the right. Other annoying issues have cropped up such as the CD changer/radio began skipping and cutting out, and the door locks only open when the key is inserted into the lock.

I didn't have the money to try to fix it so I left the vehicle in the driveway not run. I just replaced the battery and it runs like a charm, but the AC problem is annoying. Also I need to change the tire and the jack won't lift up. Could that be a seals problem? I'm in the Norman OK area and hope I find an honest (and hopefully reasonable) RR mechanic in the area, but in the meantime I want to do as much of the work as I can myself. Is this an unrealistic excpectation? I hope not.

thumb6plyr

Reaction score
I am taking mine to the dealership next week. They have treated me fair so far. I will post when I have a diagnosis....

thumb6plyr

Reaction score
Finally have a/c. After replacing the fuse box twice, relays, cabin filters, Battery, alot of checking and reading on internet. I took the truck to the dealer, and the previous owner had spilled some Coke onto the Becm. I had that replaced.....$2700....Now everything works. At least I know my Rover better now..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM