Bluetooth cell phone poll.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

Tomasz

Please tell us what bluetooth enabled phone your are using with your LR3, and how weel or badly it works.

Audiovox SMT5600 - tested for one day - works fine, pairs immediately.
Sony Ercisson T68 - tested for two days, jury is still out, but have been having issues. Could be user error.

M

mbarnz

Mr

I have the Nextel i870. It does pair, but will only work intermittently. When it isn't working it won't release the pairing. I have to turn my phone off to get it to drop. I can't use it . It is way too unreliable. Any ideas on how to fix???

C

captgww

Motorola V3, Razr, but not with the LR bluetooth. I'm using a Parrot (3100) thats been adapted with its own speaker down by the ash tray. Works really slick, no fiddling, just get seated and drive. Still looking for the mute connection on the Harmon basic radio tho.

D

DJJeffT

Blackberry 8700 here.

I have to force the bluetooth connection thought, THEN it works well. If I let it find the device when I get in the vehicle, I have intermittent results.

A little OT here, but any clue if they are going to upgrade the OS for the BT?

Sure would be nice to see the phone book/name caller ID, strenght meter and connection like OTHER high end vehicles BT connections allow. CAN'T be THAT hard.

Jeff

C

CoreyS

Motorola V551 here (me and my wife). The bluetooth pairs up immediately with whichever phone was connected last. If that phone isn't present, then I have to have my phone find the LR3, then it works again no problem. My only complaint is that you can't go thru your phone number list, use your quick dial numbers thru BT.

L

lacarruk1

captgww said:
Motorola V3, Razr, but not with the LR bluetooth. I'm using a Parrot (3100) thats been adapted with its own speaker down by the ash tray. Works really slick, no fiddling, just get seated and drive. Still looking for the mute connection on the Harmon basic radio tho.

There is a MUTE on the back of the radio. Just test the Parrot mute wire on each connection until you see PHONE MODE appear on the radio screen. It worked for me when I was using the CK3100. I also used an amplified speaker with mine and it sounded great. If anyone is interested, I just listed it on eBay as I just picked up a 2006 LR3 HSE with factory PTI Bluetooth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=5849383441

L

lacarruk1

Treo 650 Here

Works great. Only thing is on first phone call, the speakers shoot out a tone for like 5 seconds and then never happens again unless I turn car off and reconnect. All phone calls sound great.

J

JoelD

I have the Parrot 3100 installed and I use a Treo 650 and my wife has the new Samsung A900 (looks like a Razr). Both pair well and the sound is outstanding. No one I've talked to has known I was on a handfree unit. There are only two things that I am still trouble shooting: 1) after a call the BT seems to try and hang up about 5 times. this only happens after the first call then it works smoothly after that. 2) the radio stays muted for about 30 seconds after the call. which immediately invokes a request from my 3 year old "wheres the music, daddy" I don't know, this one I may want to keep, its kind of fun to hear her talk. :)

One thing I really like about the Treo is that when it places a call one of the onscreen buttons changes to a "Cancel BT" so its easy to take a call on the phone. This was helpful when I was calling the police after our accident and I was standing aobut 30 feet from the LR3 and it was connecting to the BT.

J

Jayhawk

lacarruk1 said:
There is a MUTE on the back of the radio. Just test the Parrot mute wire on each connection until you see PHONE MODE appear on the radio screen. It worked for me when I was using the CK3100. I also used an amplified speaker with mine and it sounded great. If anyone is interested, I just listed it on eBay as I just picked up a 2006 LR3 HSE with factory PTI Bluetooth.

Lacarruk1 -

I too have a Treo 650, and am curious about the Bluetooth functionality on the LR3. The salesperson told me that without a dockable phone, the only abilities I would have is to answer the phone. He said that nothing would be displayed on the screen when I receive a call other than "Incoming call."

Is this true, or will it display at least the incoming number?

What about outgoing calls? Can I voice dial by number? Is the numberpad on the phone enabled for dialing numbers?

I'm having a tough time finding any answers on this.

Thanks,
Jayhawk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99