Bluetooth cell phone poll.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lacarruk1

Jayhawk said:
lacarruk1 said:
There is a MUTE on the back of the radio. Just test the Parrot mute wire on each connection until you see PHONE MODE appear on the radio screen. It worked for me when I was using the CK3100. I also used an amplified speaker with mine and it sounded great. If anyone is interested, I just listed it on eBay as I just picked up a 2006 LR3 HSE with factory PTI Bluetooth.

Lacarruk1 -

I too have a Treo 650, and am curious about the Bluetooth functionality on the LR3. The salesperson told me that without a dockable phone, the only abilities I would have is to answer the phone. He said that nothing would be displayed on the screen when I receive a call other than "Incoming call."

Is this true, or will it display at least the incoming number?

What about outgoing calls? Can I voice dial by number? Is the numberpad on the phone enabled for dialing numbers?

I'm having a tough time finding any answers on this.

Thanks,
Jayhawk

As I learned, they don't know what they are talking about. Over Bluetooth, you will be able to see incoming phone numbers on the radio and dash computer, you will be able to use the keypad on the radio for dialing numbers, you will be able to use voice commands, you will even be able to use your NAV system to type phone numbers in and then enter voice commands to attach to them.

The dock gives you the ability to see your entire address book through the radio screen. This is the big plus. Other than that......No big deal. I am not sure if you would see CALLER ID NAMES with the dock though. You do not see names over BT, just phone numbers.

J

Jayhawk

Thanks for the info! I was pretty sure the guy was clueless.

--Jayhawk

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lacarruk1 said:
I am not sure if you would see CALLER ID NAMES with the dock though. You do not see names over BT, just phone numbers.
You see the name stored in your address book when people call. Cradle only. Also, the cradle supports call waiting, accessing the call log, displays the signal strength on the LCD and can turn the phone off. (And, of course, charging and external antenna.)

Reagarding Bluetooth, it's possible some phone providers may have disabled the ability to see the phone number over Bluetooth. So, you might only see "incoming call."

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
You see the name stored in your address book when people call. Cradle only. Also, the cradle supports call waiting, accessing the call log, displays the signal strength on the LCD and can turn the phone off. (And, of course, charging and external antenna.)

Reagarding Bluetooth, it's possible some phone providers may have disabled the ability to see the phone number over Bluetooth. So, you might only see "incoming call."

Grommet - Will the Nokia 6236i work with CRADLE 3?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older 6230 (GSM) works, but the 6230i (GSM) does not... so I'd say the new 6236i (CDMA) would be in the same boat.

It really has to be on the "supported" list for cradles, or you are hosed. For Bluetooth, it's not that important... most recent phones are OK.

T

Tomasz

Jayhawk said:
lacarruk1 said:
There is a MUTE on the back of the radio. Just test the Parrot mute wire on each connection until you see PHONE MODE appear on the radio screen. It worked for me when I was using the CK3100. I also used an amplified speaker with mine and it sounded great. If anyone is interested, I just listed it on eBay as I just picked up a 2006 LR3 HSE with factory PTI Bluetooth.

Lacarruk1 -

I too have a Treo 650, and am curious about the Bluetooth functionality on the LR3. The salesperson told me that without a dockable phone, the only abilities I would have is to answer the phone. He said that nothing would be displayed on the screen when I receive a call other than "Incoming call."

Is this true, or will it display at least the incoming number?

What about outgoing calls? Can I voice dial by number? Is the numberpad on the phone enabled for dialing numbers?

I'm having a tough time finding any answers on this.

Thanks,
Jayhawk
With bluetooth you will be able to receive and make calls. You can dial the number in four ways:

Telephone Keypad
Telephone Memory
Radio Keypad (Next to CD Changer)
Via voice activated memory - you need to store the name and number in the LR3

I am 95% sure the radio displays the incoming number, but I may have that confused with my Audi.

A

Amir

i didn't know you could type in number in the nav screen keyboard in LR3. What else can you see/do about the phone/call with Nav Screen, using either bluetooth or cradle?

Also, I just got my LR3 HSE '06 with all options but i didn't get cradle with the car. Dealer said that LR discontinued the cradle as they werent able to keep up with the changing phones, etc. Is this true or just plain ol pure?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use the Touchscreen to help enter voice tags for phone numbers in the LR3 voice system... using a "touch" keyboard. If you don't use that UI, you'd need to "speak" the number to enter them using the normal voice interface. You can also select a POI and tell it to dial the number for you (if it's known). That's about it.

Dumb design: You can't use the keypad on the radio to enter the number for the voice tag, even though it's right there. You need to use the Touchscreen. (Or speak, if not using the UI to add.) :)

No, the cradles are not discontinued... you just won't be able to find modern ones anytime soon. Your phone choice is quite limited.

Since it's common on all three vehicles, there is a chance it'll have better support eventually... unless they replace the system entirely in 2007. (Maybe they finally realized it mostly sucks.) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Amir

sorry for asking but just to be clear, so should i have gotten a cradle with my car, since its an HSE and all loaded up and stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99