Bluetooth PTI installation - help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedlit

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick Q - my dealer installed the (dealer-fit) PTI/Bluetooth kit in my '05 LR3 SE today. To cut a long story short, it doesn't work (the Bluetooth device isn't visible or discoverable to any phone), and most of the trim in the front my car is now not fitted correctly, or (in the case of the centre console) cracked and broken.

My question is this - does anyone have access to the dealer fit procedure for this kit? I want to know precisely what my dealer did, and what - if anything else - they could've possibly broken. For example, there's a cable by the front lap vent that's not plugged into anything - it's marked "Mic Input", but the mic still works for voice control of the navigation.

I've had my LR3 for about five weeks, and am very happy with it - it's had a couple of minor faults, but nothing I can't cope with - but my dealer is less than incompetent now the sale is complete, and has left me completely high and dry now :(

Any help or pointers very much appreciated!

-Russell

tedlit

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and link - much appreciated. I'll be speaking to the Service Manager on Monday - unfortunately they broke it yesterday, and it's going to be a couple of weeks before they can look at it.

It turns out the list of parts with cracks or broken clips include the gearshift surround, the stereo surround panel, the pillar airbag cover, the kick panel under the steering wheel, and the centre console storage bin thing (which is just "sitting" on the floor now!). I have absolutely no confidence in this particular dealer - and this'll be the fourth time it's been back - but it appears I have to give them the opportunity to fix it.

...so if anyone in Washington State feels the need to have a dealer install the dealer-fit Bluetooth kit, check all your trim panels *carefully*!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635