Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
I have a brand new LR3 SE. It came with the factory Bluetooth interface. My salesman said, and he stressed, that if my phone is not on the "approved" list (it isn't) don't even try to link up. It was possible that I could damage other electrics in the vehicle if I did. I'm not beleiving this, but nor have I tried linking up my phone. Has anybody else heard this? I would think that the phone would either hook up or it wouldn't.

Comments?
TIA

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it anyway. The electronics will not be affected if it is not on the list. The list only lists phones that have been approved and tested by engineering for compatible use. There are a lot of different phones out there that do work and work fine without being on the "list". We used the RAZR for like 6 mths as a bluetooth demo before it hit the list.

new06

Reaction score
I have been using the Razr for the past 6 months with it and no problems at all. I do lose the signal sometimes, but not often enough to be a problem.

T

texas911

My phone isn't on the approved list but I linked it via bluetooth anyways. And it works great. Being nonapporved means that if anthing goes wrong, LR doesn't have to give you support. That's all.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
I linked up my Cingular 8125 (same as an I-Mate Jam) so smoke, sparks or open flames. In fact it works great! Thanks

A

alanmeyer

The dealer wasn't referring to the bluetooth operation. They were referring to connector inside the center console. That connector can only be used for specific phones. The bluetooth feature can be used with any device that supports a bluetooth headset, which is what the LR3 behaves as.

24Hours

new06 said:
I have been using the Razr for the past 6 months with it and no problems at all. I do lose the signal sometimes, but not often enough to be a problem.

Where is the approved list? I have the 8200 (new and improved) CrackBerry, which works w/ the LR's Bluetooth, but is inconsistant in terms of whether calls placed via the keypad, or via voice-command will dial through the truck's audio system (hands-free) or only via the phone (not hands-free). My wife's Razr works seemlessly.

My CrackBerry works fine w/ my Volvo BT system, just for point of reference, so any thoughts on how to fix the interface with the Rover is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM