Borrowing a Tow hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably a long shot but here it goes. :creep:

I will be selling the LR3 here in about 8 months, possibly sooner. I'm stationed over in Turkey and will be back in the states in Late April with the LR3 arriving in late May early June. I do need to do one tow of a smaller trailer and don't want to drop the $225 + shipping for the Land Rover hitch. Would anyone be willing to ship me their hitch for a week or so? I would obviously pay both ways shipping and throw something in for your troubles. It is a little while aways, but would rather get this out now instead of waiting to the last minute.

X

Learth

Reaction score
you can probably rent a hitch system from UHaul.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a used one, sell the used one = $0 longer term.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem with buying and selling the unit is that I don't exactly have ~775 for both the "male"($250), "female"($375) hitch and the wiring harness($150). I'm not sure if you can even remove the wiring harness after its installed, but I would rather borrow the unit for ~$100-200 than buy it for $775 and then try to sell. Would like to use the LR instead of the Uhaul unit.

If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the wiring kit is $120 and no one is going to loan you one. It is removable, but it would be a hassle. You will need one either way to be street legal.

The hitch new is $410 + receiver and ball ($40) or go with the all in one euro version Part # KNB500070

KNB500070-2.jpg

In the long run shipping will cost you more than buying one local used and reselling it when you are done. Near $0 Personally, I would wait to resell until you sell the LR3 since you never know when you may need it again.

Sincerely, good luck finding one either way you decide to go.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or skip the trailer, rent a uhaul for $80 for the day and be done with it. OR, you send me a $500 deposit, I'll send you my receiver and you'll get the $500 back when I get my hitch. Would YOU trust ME?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge