Boy oh Boy do I love snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Friday Night to Saturday The Mid-Atlantic got wrecked by record snow fall... I had been siked since the moment the weather guy spoke the word "Snow" early in the week. Little did I know we'd be getting a total of around 24" in some places!!!

Many of of you Northern Guys may be used to this kind of stuff... but in MD, its a very rare occurrence, we usually see a dusting that lasts a day. Anyway after spending a majority of the day snow blowing and shoveling the driveway and helping the neighbors... I went driving with the intention of going to pick up some groceries, little did I know, all the stores were closed. The highways were one lane and people looked bug eyed as I passed them at 25 mph (probably my first time passing someone on the highway in off road height :biggrin:)

The LR3 proved to be absolutely amazing once again... I love driving in fresh powder, nothing like it.

Anyway, today I decided to take some pictures... yesterday was too dark and the snow was too thick.

_DWA5071.jpg

^Gotta love the Close up grill shots covered in snow and ice

_DWA5077.jpg

^Once I hit the Highway today, my wheels felt SOOO unbalanced (wonder why)

_DWA5079.jpg

^Parking spot

Last edited:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some More:

_DWA5076.jpg

^Had ~20" on the Rack before I drove it yesterday

_DWA5070.jpg

^Close up Wheel shot

_DWA5069.jpg

^Note snow behind truck, that was after today's melting

Last edited:

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up in the mountains of Va, we got dumped on this week. 16+ inches. It was great having the LR3. I ended up somehow being the one hauling friends around to and from the bars.

Performed above expectations though. The Nittos made all the difference too.

snow1

snow2

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed my stock tires did that well, I've gotten stuck in mud with them recently, but in the snow they were pretty good... or maybe that was the just the LR3 doing what it does best

Last edited:

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome pics.. thanks for sharing. Im just waiting for our snow (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada). This time last year, we had a record dumping and the city shut down. I didnt have my LR at the time (97 Pathfinder..did the job well though!) but hoping to try it out soon. I might have to drive up north to Whistler...

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics! I love it when the snow's deep! I hope we get one of those big storms here in CO this year! For now, we have to go find it. Here's a sample from my adventure this weekend:

PC190318.jpg

J.D.

DCLR3

Reaction score
Got two feet in McLean, VA. Dropped mine into access mode to use as a makeshift "plow" broke the plastic cover piece of the front bottom. Well worth it, had a blast. Also broke off a plastic trim piece on the drivers side door. LR3 did great. Highway tires sucked, but was still really reliable.

Attachments

• Snow 007.jpg
    Snow 007.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Snow 011.jpg
    Snow 011.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 118

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on of the few situations that the weight of the LR3 is favorable.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those plastic pieces in the front are $50 and a pain in the ass to install. Well, not bad to install unless you've broken a few of the white inserts (the female parts) that the black fasteners poke into.

I've replaced it once or twice and next time I'm just gonna opt for a real skid plate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo