Brake Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssloane

Reaction score
Ordered new rear pads and rotors from Atlantic British last week, opened package, everything seemed good, jacked truck up, pulled tire, removed old pads, grabbed pad box, opened, three pads inside. Check all contents before disassemble!! Put old pads back on, I'll call tommorrow, let you know how they handle it.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are real good about handling issues like this.

ssloane

Reaction score
Called Atlantic British Monday morning, they shipped out new set, received them yesterday. Overnight would've been nice, but I've got them let's move on.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, which kit did you get from atlantic british? I need to change my brakes soon and I'm thinking of going back to a completely stock setup after having the EBC kit wear out in a year.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

amosier23

Reaction score
How difficult is it to change out the brakes and rotors? I just bought mine a few months ago, but it would be good to know for the future.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bscmich, thanks for the links to the rotors! Just picked up a front and rear set. I wanted to order those ceramic pads you linked to, but the front set were out of stock; and to keep the sets matching, I went ahead and stuck with the EBC greenstuff pads front and rear.

ssloane

Reaction score
I just changed the rear, rotors,pads,sensor. Very easy, 2- 13mm bolts, 2- 15mm bolts, and 1- T-50 torx screw for rotor. I think I messed around with the sensor wire more than anything else. Tight fit for hands.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you needing pads, the Okebono pads are well worth the wait if they are out of stock, they will out stock, last longer make no dust and don't squeak like EBC and others do.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same luck with the EBC's on the rear. Found that Pep Boys stocks a lifetime set for 49.95. They have been great for the last 2K miles, no noise, low dust, and they feel as good as stock or the ebc's did. The best part is that I will not have to buy another set ever....in theory.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo