Brake Fluid leak location.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a brake leak somewhere and can not figure out location.. I am having fluid allunderneath the driverside frame, and idlers arms, bottom of gear box. Etc... But brake pedal still had good pressure.. but two days ago brake pedal went all the way down to floor , truck still stops... I added fluid to the reservoir, took two days for brake pedal to get back to pressure behind it.. bit need and idea of what to check when I get underneath and take tire off.. thanks for ideas.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Which part of the reservoir was empty? The front of back? i.e. the small or large side. It sounds to me like you have a bad brake line the question is front or rear of the vehicle... Either way it will only get worse not better. I would advise not driving it till you fix it.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to crawl under your truck and look with a flash light.
If it is one of the rubber hoses under the master cylinder, plan on replacing all 6 lines at the same time.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys the part that is low is the front side of the reservoir.. I did find the leak I think, one of the lines that is below the master cylinder, that line goes up to the silver box right theory by it.. tjat would be the and computer right? Andway that line below the master cylinder on top is leaking.. its tight , but can not tighten it anymore.. do I just replace tjat one??

mark D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the tubing apart and check the ends of the factory flared fitting. You may need to remove the master cylinder to inspect the inside of the threaded female side of the master cylinder. Its not typical for a steel brake line to leak unless disturbed or over tightened. Did you work on the rig in the area of the leaking fitting? Take care to inspect both fittings thoroughly before going out and buying a new section of tubing.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark d o had replaced the master cylinder a whole back , I didn't umscrew one of those lines but only the two that go into the master cylinder.. so... Will try what u said

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99