My 2012 LR4 is not starting anymore, help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgemera1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 sudden don’t start, I left it for a day and the next day started fine then drove it few days with no issues until last week I took it for 1 hour drive and after my meeting went to the car and it didn’t start again, tried it several times, used my NOCO and tried it that way because in the screen showed low battery message too, replaced the battery and still didn’t work, called AAA and I left the car for like 30 minutes alone and went to try again and the car started, drove back home and now 7 days after the car won’t start anymore.
Did some research on forums and they said to reset the Relay which I did and didn’t work. Others said maybe it is the alternator.
Do any of you guys know of a mechanic in New Jersey who can come to fix my car. Or do you guys have ideas o what it can be?
I don’t want to get it towed to the Dealer cause I know it is going to cost me a lot if I do.

Thanks in advance,

George,

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 sudden don’t start, I left it for a day and the next day started fine then drove it few days with no issues until last week I took it for 1 hour drive and after my meeting went to the car and it didn’t start again, tried it several times, used my NOCO and tried it that way because in the screen showed low battery message too, replaced the battery and still didn’t work, called AAA and I left the car for like 30 minutes alone and went to try again and the car started, drove back home and now 7 days after the car won’t start anymore.
Did some research on forums and they said to reset the Relay which I did and didn’t work. Others said maybe it is the alternator.
Do any of you guys know of a mechanic in New Jersey who can come to fix my car. Or do you guys have ideas o what it can be?
I don’t want to get it towed to the Dealer cause I know it is going to cost me a lot if I do.

Thanks in advance,

George,
NJ isnt the smallest state, which part of NJ?

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"New Battery" means nothing.
Specifically, after being OFF the charger for at least 6 hours, what is the voltage on this "new" battery?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you say "won't start" how long are you cranking it for? did the issue suddenly appear or did it happen and then start taking longer and longer? any codes?

Georgemera1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you say "won't start" how long are you cranking it for? did the issue suddenly appear or did it happen and then start taking longer and longer? any codes?
It suddenly appeared and now it won’t start at all.
Lights shows on the dashboard, air conditioning and radio goes on but engine won’t crank at all.

And if I try several times to start it, it shows battery low on the radio screen.

Thanks,

George.

ugmw177

Reaction score
i would suspect ground straps first. check the battery ground to the engine near the front. clean and then try again. Also let us know what the resting voltage of your battery is

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a new battery. If it fixes that problem, that was it. If it doesn't, return it.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove battery terminals and fully charge battery. Reconnect terminals and try again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635