Brake Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMac

Reaction score
I'm so disappointed that Porterfield doesn't produce front pads for the LR4. I have them on MY2012 RRS and absolutely love them.
I have been doing research overload on front pads and was looking for purchasing feedback on the following: EBC Green,Hawk LTS, and Hawk Performance Ceramic. The brake dust is a major factor in my choice. Any help would be appreciated.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 100 miles on my new set of Hawk LTS, so I'll be able to give some more meaningful feedback about dust in about a week. I was also SICK of cleaning those damn rims, and after doing some research here I went with the Hawks.. With the stock rotors, braking is just about the same as the stock pads, maybe a little more positive.. I flushed the fluid also..

Mike

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so disappointed that Porterfield doesn't produce front pads for the LR4. I have them on MY2012 RRS and absolutely love them.

Is your 2012 RRS a 5-liter Supercharged? If it's a normally aspirated model, as far as I know front (and rear) brake pads are the same as the LR4's.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year? If you’re doing Hawk and your truck requires counter weights for pads be sure to get them properly installed. If not, after about 1k miles or so you’ll experience terrible rattles and noise

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your 2012 RRS a 5-liter Supercharged? If it's a normally aspirated model, as far as I know front (and rear) brake pads are the same as the LR4's.

I'm pretty sure they are the same as well.
The EBC catalog list them as the same part number.
Also when looking at compatability RockAuto and Card ID use the same part numbers for all of their RRS and LR4's of the same years.

AJMac

Reaction score

Failure on my part. I just didn't dig deep enough. You and Jaguardoc are correct, Porterfield R4-S pads are the same for both applications. Thanks for the tune up! (MY12 is a N/A by the way)

aakempvt

Reaction score
I have about 2k miles on Hawk LTS pads and feel is about the same as stock with basically no dust. Some slight squeaking at very low speeds but that could be my rears too.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Max brakes, been using them for over 2 years with no issues at all, very minimal brake dust (my wheels stay clean for at least 2 weeks) and absolutely no squeal, Price is also unbelievable. Order on their website and you receive it via UPS in 2 days max. The have both Ceramic and Metallic pads, I always get the ceramic. www.maxbrakes.com

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you try Porterfield R4-S on your LR4, please post back in a few thousand miles and let us know how they compare to the OEM Ferodos.

:driver:

AJMac

Reaction score
If you try Porterfield R4-S on your LR4, please post back in a few thousand miles and let us know how they compare to the OEM Ferodos.

:driver:
Since UMBERTOB taught me how to read an online catalogue properly:D, I ordered the Porterfield R4-S pads for the LR4. I have them on MY12 RRS and they are fantastic, very low dust but a slight squeal when cold (from the rears).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM