brok disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

djbroklee

hey dj brok lee here in portland oregon with the intro.
96 disco
3" lift
flowmasters
ect.
been driving where the streets have no names,new to the forums,new to the disco.
only one near death experiance in the month i've owned her.
like it very much off road,hate it very much on road.
thing is all over the place,maybe i should look top the steering bushing or some such.i've been going hunting in my disco and find that i'm all alone in the high country,all the other rigs are somewhere below me on the dirt roads.i think that this is pretty standard with the disco.anyways just saying howdy and trying out the post thingy!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

All over the road could be a lot of things with a 3" lift if it wasn't installed correctly or non of the required settings were made. Or it could just be that you need some things tightened and bushings changed.

D

djbroklee

settings and bushings

hey email me any tidbits of knowlege you have regarding this lift settings item.i bought her from a guy that had a few lr's in his garage,pretty sure he did all the work his self.my girlfriend drives it in town but won't drive it on the freeway because it jerks around on the road.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Jerking around on the road sounds like either swivel preload or could be the front end alignment, or panhard rod bushings.

D

djbroklee

thanks joey

thanks joey,is this a job for the local tire shop (les swaube) or do i need to take it to the lr service?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If front end alignment, anyone can do it... you only have toe in/ toe out. set to 0 degrees to + 1 degree out :

http://www.***.hiof.no/~frodehaa/steeringalignment.htm

If swivel preloads: http://www.***.hiof.no/~frodehaa/swivelpinpreload.htm

D

djbroklee

super

joey thanks this was very helpful for me,first land rover and all.
these things have been a bit of a mystery thanks for clearing that issue up for uninitiated me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak