Bump Stops Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drew

Reaction score
Update: I guess it's a leak.

When on the bump stops, how much of a gap should there be between the tire and the fender cowl? I can get 4 fingers comfortably between 3 of my tires, but only 2 between 1 of my tires. Am I not really on my bump stops? The tires are all the same size.

Last edited:

billj214

Reaction score
Access mode is not on bump stops, you would have to somehow remove air from shocks to hit true bump stops. My guess would be some sort of calibration is needed.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He doesn't have to remove an airshock...he can just start ripping out some (sensor) wires... :smile:

billj214

Reaction score
Yeah great idea, remove a sensor! I did read somewhere the bump stop internal to our air shocks can be adjusted or moved by possibly adding spacers. I like this idea since riding on oversize tires can leave you stranded with eas failure. I have the bump stop kit installed from Lucky8 but you lose some shock firmness compared to just running rods, not to mention losing access height.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

drew

Reaction score
I wasn't wanting to get it on the bump stops...I was just trying to figure out if i was already there because I have the 3 amigos.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try selecting a TR special program or trying to raise up to normal height and see what it tells you in the info screen. It may say "Access Height Only" then you'll know where you're at.

drew

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. After you suggested this, I tried to twist the crap out of that knob back and forth and in the process my 3 amigos went away.(previous owner must have spilled something sugary. I still have the Transmission Fault, which I figure is related to the differential actuator codes I'm getting.

Try selecting a TR special program or trying to raise up to normal height and see what it tells you in the info screen. It may say "Access Height Only" then you'll know where you're at.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and does the EAS now function correctly?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72