burning EPB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 days ago, after filling my 2005 LR at the gas station, I put the car into drive but forgot to release the EPB. I had not yet pressed onto the gas peddle so that car just stopped. I released the EPB and drove on. After about 4 mins on the highway, about 100km/hr, I noticed the LR was vibrating. I recognized this as a stuck brake problem from before (about 2 years prior after getting my pads changed), and quickly pulled over. There was a burning smell coming from my driver side rear wheel. But no smoke (unlike last time). Could this have been caused by my EPB being still engaged after I left the gas station? I let the car sit for a few minutes and then drove on with no problems.. Any thoughts?

Trynian

Reaction score
Get the parking brake adjusted. Best to pull the rotars and make sure all is clear then have it adjusted. Many indy shops do not do the adjustment that should be done every rotar change and at least every 50k miles if I recall.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had some warranty work done on my bearings 2weeks ago at the stealership i'll brig it back to them.
thanks for the advice

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the parking brake will dis engage when you press on the throttle. and if they did wheel bearings in the rear they had to remove the rear parking brake cables for this so they probably didnt adjust it correctly

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah..that's what I figured.. Rig is going in on Friday.. We'll see what happens

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my parking brake pads were cracked.. and that's part of it was still binding to the rotors thus the burn.. and resistance that I was feeling when starting up from a roll.. while they were down there, found some other issues (tranny leak..control arm..bushings..) Warranty items they claim. We'll see what happens.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112