Can I disable my Air Suspension so the vehicle stays in normal height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wbstevens1

Reaction score
I need to drive approximately 90 miles to a shop so I can perform some upgrades to my suspension. Currently, I can't go more than a few miles without getting multiple faults and losing all air pressure and riding on the bump stops. I read somewhere a while back that you could raise the vehicle to normal height and remove a relay somewhere and the vehicle will remain in normal mode for "a few days" according to the post I read. I can't find the information now. I need to go approximately 90 miles and I need to be able to travel 55 mph to not disrupt traffic. My LR3's suspension problem lies somewhere in the wiring. The compressor runs continuously until it overheats, then I lose pressure within minutes. While sitting still it is fine, but as soon as I start driving and the vehicle starts leveling and adjusting, I don't get far. I have called around and can't find a tow company to tow the vehicle for less than $400.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are three fuses to pull. They are F3E and F26E, both in the engine compartment, and also F35P in the passenger compartment. It allowed me to use the LR3 for a few days before the air springs sagged too much for practical driving. Credit for the idea goes to bbyer!

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Link for more info re the fuses.

Since I started the album in the disco3 gallery, I have since determined that pulling F26E is the primary fuse and for the most part, will disable the system. The other two fuses are sort of insurance that all is disabled. Pulling only F35P or putting it on an interior switch as I did has some advantages as it allows some experimentation while driving but when you shut down, the sleep thing will go into effect and deflation can follow, hence the value of removing F26E.

Replace the **** with disco3 co uk and put periods in between - blocking and all you know as knowledge is to be restricted and controlled. I am pleased that hell pie was able to make use of the info; a few guys in the Australian outback have also found the tip useful. Some pull the F26E fuse prior to wading just as an insurance against unintended lowering while in the water.
http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3778

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90