Can the LR3 be towed by an RV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about going from a travel trailer to a motor home. I am looking at motor homes that easily can tow the weight of the LR3; however, I am not to sure that the LR3 can be flat towed.

Does anyone have accurate insight as to the abiltiy of the LR3 to be towed? The four wheel drive is a concern of course, as is the transmission. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes - on a flatbed. otherwise I would stick with trucks that have a manual transfer case with a neutral position.

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the LR3 cannot be flat towed. DO NOT TRY!!

ChuckD

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope.

LR3 has no neutral position in the transfer box. There is no way to seperate the drivetrain from the rolling components. You could disconnects the driveshafts I suppose but from what I hear, that's not to cool either for extended travel.

Being towed just wasn't in then design parameters, and was trumped by the design features oof the transfer box.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90