cd player button advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdf6hr

Reaction score
the "previous track" button on my radio/cd player has lost its "spring"... it stays in the depressed position and does not function. any quick fixes or secrets to rectify this problem? thanks.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
sounds to me like there is something "sticky" around the button. Try some mild soap and water on a rag and wipe around and push on it several times with the rag. I think you'll be fine as long as you don't drench the stereo(which I doubt you would do). Good Luck

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't advise getting water near anything like keyboards or other switchgear. If you think it's something sticky, then get some Deoxit D5 which is a switch cleaner - you can buy it on Amazon. I can't recall the formulation but it's not water based and is well respected in the electronics industry.

I vaguely recall seeing another post on some LR forum where the collapsed switch wasn't due to anything sticky but you could get the fascia off the radio in order to fix it. Someone else may be able to find the post.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4