CDL question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

pirahna

Hi everyone, I am about to buy a 2001 Discovery SE7 and after looking around I have only seen one that had a center diff lock. Were these a factory option or aftermarket? Could you get them every year? Thanks guys.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, the cdl was only available in the dI. However, '99 through some '01's have the cdl ****** on the t-case, allowing you to add the shifting mechanism to it. I've also heard that some late model '03's have the ****** as well. Otherwise, the '04 has cdl standard.

I'm thinking that the '01 you saw had the cdl added by the PO. HTH.

D

discomike

The 01's were the last of the supply of old t/case and only the first few months of 01 production had the ability to be hooked up and used. If you can find one buy it, if you want a stonger vehicle off the road.
Mike J.
99 D2 with CDL

C

cubic202

What would I be looking for to identify the "******" pics please!!! My TC and ABS went out this past weekend making the Landy 6000lbs paper weight over at Pismo. Yer I know TC is not needed in the sand but when you've only got one wheel spining in the air and the rest of you is dug in a 50/50 split of power sure would have been helpful.
Thanks
Neil

D

discomike

Neil,
Tc is needed everywhere with our trucks, and CDL is a great plus anywhere including the sand.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72