Centerline wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For stock tires, yes. You can put any size, just so the bolt pattern matches. I believe the bolt pattern is 6.5"x5 -- someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

W

w00ht

If I recall my reading from Four Wheeler correctly, the beadlock issue is with the bolt ring and the bolts loosening and the lack of a sealing edge due to having the bolt on ring lock, not the fact it is a multi peice wheel.

I didn't think Military hummer wheels were bead lock. I was under the impression that the bolt on cover is a run flat device and to protect the central tire inflation system.

Aren't commercial truck wheels like on a 18 wheeler two or three piece?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the reason for DOT not approving beadlocks, it's a crappy one. Something like that shouldn't keep people from running beadlocks...if anything, with ordinary maintenance they're SAFER than non-locked wheels....since the tire won't come off.

Sheesh. Next thing you know, we'll have to wear seatbelts! :biggrin:

W

w00ht

Brain fade....... Run Flat probably would act as a bead lock huh......... DOH!

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except that's the tire design keeping it on the rim, not the wheel. Or are you talking Humvees?

W

w00ht

Remember, DOT guidelines are meant to keep all the knuckle heads in explorers and such who can't figure out what a tire pressure gauge is from killing themselves.

The key is in your reply..... proper maintance. How many average folks bust out the tire gauge every morning before they run off to work like the owners manual says too?

Gee a tire with a S speed rating running down the highway under-inflated at 90 mph. sure sounds like thats all Firestones fault to me........

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. i think owner manual says to check liquids and pressure every week, not every day :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72