Changing battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

happyhippo

Reaction score
Hey folks, I gotta put a battery in my '03 SE today and was just wondering if I'll have any computer screw ups after disconnecting the old one. It hasn't ever gone completely dead and I know some cars after diconnecting the battery will start once then it needs to go to dealership. I haven't seen anything about that in the many forums I'v been to just wanted to be sure. I think I did read somewhere the ECU will reset to defaults. That could be a good or bad thing I guess.

Shermie

Reaction score
When you disconnect the battery, the rear window will go down when you re-connect. Remember always the sequence.... Battery Removal: Negative Terminal is first to come off then the Positive. On battery re-installation, Positive Terminal first to screw-on then the Negative terminal goes last. Eliminates any possibility of a wrench to car body short circuit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo