Charge for Alignment aftger warranty work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the LR3 is at the dealer and they are replacing a bunch of stuff under warranty. 2 of those items are a ball joint and a tre. They are covering the parts under the original factory warranty but are charging me 249 for the alignment afterwards. I asked the service manager if that shouldn't be covered since the only reason it needed aligned was because of the failing parts. The service manager went on to explain to me that the car had an air suspension etc. I honestly don't know where he was going with that but I did decline the $600 brake front brake job in which he quoted me the replacement cost of sensors but didn't see the irony that he was basically revealing that the truck would tell me when the pads needed done and he was digging for $$.

I will give them credit for finding alot of issues that are going to be covered but I can't help but think that the alignment thing should be covered by the warranty. Has anyone had a similar situation that was covered?

In the long run it is probably better to just pay the 249 and hope they keep finding warranty stuff for me. On the other hand they are claiming not to hear the ticking noise I mentioned.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ding ding - TRE job necessitates alignment and that alignment is covered by LR factory warranty that came with your car. Current policies might differ, but I had 2 TRE done at separate times, including one during 2009 (or, at least late 2008) and alignment got covered by factory warranty. Guy is FULL OF IT about air bags - makes no difference, can't believe the crap they tell you like you're an idiot. You owe them nothing. Good you refused that brake job at 2x what it's worth, too.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which area dealership did you decide to go with?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told the same...that any of those repairs would include a free alignment. And who charges 249 for alignment? Both my lr dealers charge 140 plus tax!

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to get into west chester but they couldn't schedule anyone this week. I lose my babysitter after Saturday so I tried the closer dealership in Allentown as they could get me in. I was hoping for a tolerable relationship as they are an hour closer and open Saturdays.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose it is possible that he is talking about re-aligning the level of the ride heights and I just mistook where was going with it since I was driving through rush hour when he callled.

Is there a dealer procedure for doing this? Does it take 2 hours or so?

I'll have a bunch of questions for him when I pick it up.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your service manager, not the service writer and ask for the telephone number for the local District Rep. Let him know why you want it, he may change his mind an do your alignment.
I believe when parts are replace then the alignment is to be covered, but no alignment is covered after the first 6 or 12 months cause then it would be considered an adjustment and they are only covered for a certain time frame depending on the year of your truck.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer did not do an alignment after my ball joint replacement, said it was not necessary. It is necessary however after the control arm replacement.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99