check engine light on but no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
Well after I got the droopy problem fixed I have check engine light on.I ran a scan but no codes have been stored but a lot of information.Catalyst,misfire,o2 heater,o2 sensor,evap,and fuel plus one more that I don't remember.There are no codes pending either.It has been on for twelve days so I would think that there would be some codes stored.Has anyone had this happen and is it common?So what do I do other than pump 12 rounds from my .45 acp in to it.This thing is more high maintenance than my wife.:mad:

bleizit

Reaction score
What is the year make and model?

Are you saying there is a problem with
Catalyst,misfire,o2 heater,o2 sensor,evap,and fuel plus one more that I don't remember.
? If no codes were thrown, how do you know?

How's it running currently or is it?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Clean the MAF

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
no codes

Sorry for leaving out info on vehicle.01/D2/120k miles.This is the information that I get under the monitors and ready sections of the scanner.Tried to start it yesterday and only got a click.Checked battery and cleaned cables but still does not offer to turn over.I have a starter coming this morning.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds more like a dead battery.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
I had the battery checked last night and it was fine.It is running on the rich side based on what I see coming from the exhaust and the end of the tailpipe is very black.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
MAF is probably dirty or gone bad... the not starting, just clicking is a good sign of a bad battery. Did they load test it?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, not to say Joey is wrong, but do not clean your MAF, you can do that with a D1 or Classic but not a D2 with the newer style Bosch MAF, it will **** it.
Can you get us a print out of the information you have found?

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
Under the monitors it has the following.catalyst,evap and o2 sensor.Under the ready it has,misfire,fuel,comp and o2 heater.It's just strange that there are no codes to read.I did it twice to make sure that I did it right.The battery was not load tested as far as I know.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
Well it's up and running dead battery.Bought the battery in March of last year.Thanks for all the replies and directions.Now if I could just find out why the check engine light is on and I don't have any codes showing or pending.:hello:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge