Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chanwanga

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Spencer and I just bought a 1997 Disco SD and I have a question about the check engine light. I took it to a mechanic and I don't remember what he said was wrong with it. I think he said it was the mass airflow sensor, but I'm not 100% sure. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what I would need myself, in order to find out exactly why the light is on. Everything is running fine and there aren't any mechanical issues, so I'm guessing it's something simple. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Spencer

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a check engine light on, if so go to your local parts store and have them read the codes for free and get back to us with the fault code numbers.
Next time you go to a shop and they tell you what is wrong with it, pay attention or it won't be worth the drive and charges.

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On-Board Diagnostics

What you want is a OBD-II Scanner if you want to do it yourself. You can find them on ebay for $20 and up, including shipping. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112