Cherry Popped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if you found my title inappropriate but just wanted to share my first off roading adventure with my LR HSE.
Vacationing on the Oregon Coast near Pacific City. Im with 4 other families. We did a beach outing that allowed vehicles onto the beach so I took the opportunity to take the LR out to the sand. Of course, I dumped my human cargo before I ventured out to the beach. It was awesome. I took the car to the soft sandy parts and had fun. I parked my car on the soft sand and joined up with the rest of the families. When we left, the human cargo (4 adults, 2 8 yr old kids = 550lbs + ) made my car heavier than when I parked it. So needless to say, when I started to roll, the vehicle started to sink.. eventually, I can hear the sand scraping the bottom. My passengers offered to off load but I had to test out my rig. I already had the sand terrain setting on, I raised the car, and it slowly climbed out. My passengers were impressed. My car had sunk so much that my stepping boards were covered in sand. I had quite the audience watching and I think it represented the LR community well. Perhaps not as exciting as some of you off roading vets but for this noob....it was pretty exciting. Thanks for listening.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it, but no photos?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...next time air your tires down to about 20 psi. I've never driven on sand but I can tell you that that's the first step! Of course you want to be at Off-road height and in 4-Lo in addition to Sand Mode.

Last edited:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...next time your tires down to about 20 psi. I've never driven on sand but I can tell you that that's the first step! Of course you want to be at Off-road height and in 4-Lo in addition to Sand Mode.

disingage dsc as well.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Joey.. being my first time stuck in sand with an audience.. the last thing crossing my mind was "oh! a photo moment..":biggrin: And the rest.. thanks for the suggestions I will definitely try that..

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call on the DSC disengage! I pretty much do that on all hill climbs now....

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as I get on the trail I turn DSC off as well. I have got myself in trouble a time or two by forgetting to turn it off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635