Child Safety Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to be a first time dad and I was curious what child seats are you guys running in your LR3. Obviously my main concern is safety with my 2nd one being I want a seat that will not damage the leather seats. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to be a first time dad and I was curious what child seats are you guys running in your LR3. Obviously my main concern is safety with my 2nd one being I want a seat that will not damage the leather seats. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sweet - congrats! I'm in the same boat as you - our little guy is due April 20th - you guys?

My wife and I have done a ton of research and it seems like the Graco Snugride gets extremely good ratings - it has a five point harness, excellent safety ratings, excellent ease of use ratings, and it is a good value. The one gotcha is you have to look for the ones that have the latest EPS foam - basically any made in 2007 or later and you are usually good - just make sure the store isn't selling old stock. I haven't test fit one in our LR3 yet, but I'm betting it will work fine (the LR3 seems to be really flexible - pretty flat seats, lots of room, LATCH system, etc). We actually registered for the travel system (that includes the infant seat, stroller and in car base):

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2400875

Since I'm extremely **** about our cars (everyone keeps telling me I had better get over that with kids :biggrin: ), we registered for a car seat protector too:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267171

Best of luck - make sure to post if you find something you think is better!
Rich

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich,

Thanks for the heads up. Thanks to you I just added both items to my baby registry as well. Our new edition is due on March 16th. Man time is going by fast.

DonA

Reaction score
I only put my kids in Britax seats. There is plenty of info about them online.

The LR3 LATCH connectors are the easiest I've seen to snap into.

http://www.britaxusa.com/

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only put my kids in Britax seats. There is plenty of info about them online.

The LR3 LATCH connectors are the easiest I've seen to snap into.

http://www.britaxusa.com/

Interesting. The latest models (Britax Companion) didn't fare well in Consumer Reports Crash Tests and they also got a rating of B- by our baby research book. The Graco Snugride with EPS got an A rating and was only one of two infant seats to pass ALL of Consumer Reports crash tests in 2007.

-Rich

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man time is going by fast.
No doubt - it is amazing how time flies. We just got in Cooper's furniture this past week, and I finished up painting his room and putting in the trim last week. We are slowly getting ready, but it definitely seems like there isn't enough time! Here is a quick pic of his room:

coopsnamesmalldc1.jpg

Are you guys having a boy or girl? Or are you waiting to find out (we are far too **** to not know :biggrin: )?

-Rich

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt - it is amazing how time flies. We just got in Cooper's furniture this past week, and I finished up painting his room and putting in the trim last week. We are slowly getting ready, but it definitely seems like there isn't enough time! Here is a quick pic of his room:

coopsnamesmalldc1.jpg

Are you guys having a boy or girl? Or are you waiting to find out (we are far too **** to not know :biggrin: )?

-Rich

That a pretty nice room. We are having a boy. I'm pretty stoked. I just wished the situation I'm in was better.

Can you say baby mama drama? At these point all I can do is hope for the best and not stress out about things.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That a pretty nice room. We are having a boy. I'm pretty stoked. I just wished the situation I'm in was better.

Can you say baby mama drama? At these point all I can do is hope for the best and not stress out about things.
I'm really sorry to hear that man - I definitely hope things turn out well for you. As you can tell, I'm pretty ecstatic to be a dad (like you are I'm sure!) - I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy it.

Take care,
Rich

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that man - I definitely hope things turn out well for you. As you can tell, I'm pretty ecstatic to be a dad (like you are I'm sure!) - I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy it.

Take care,
Rich

Thanks Rich, Good luck to you and your wife as well.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, congratulations on the upcoming babies. I'm ahead of you, our twin girls are now 4 1/2. Seems like they were born yesterday. Time really flies when you're a parent. We used some Graco baby base with the pull-out bucket. Not even sure what it was, but we bought it at Toys-are-us and the bucket snapped into a double stroller. Then we bought an Audi Q7 with head rests that are angled forward and not adjustable. Had to really search for compatible toddler seats and found elitecarseats.com with the help of other Q7 forum parents. What a great place to buy car seats. Top notch products, excellent reviews and very knowledgable staff. We ended up buying Recaro Young Sport toddler seats that meet European side impact protection standards. Far better than any car seat I have seen at a retail store. See what elitecarseats.com has for newborns. Good luck with the upcoming arrivals!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112