climate control: heater on auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I'm now using the heater for the first time in my 06 SE. One thing I think is weird is that when putting the climate control on "auto," the air only seems to go through the floor. If I try to manually switch the heat to the dash vents (or any other configuration, I believe) then the auto mode turns off. Is that normal? I wouldn't expect auto mode to turn off just because I select which vents I want the air to come from. When using the AC on auto, I believe the air came through the dash vents so I never tried switching vents with the AC on auto.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is normal. once you select a vent setting, the auto mode disengages. I do this during the Winter season. I like the heat at my hand level since my 2008 does not have a heated steering wheel.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heat rises so typically for max comfort you want the heat discharged low and the cool discharged high. I do still get heat out of the dash vents just at a reduced rate, primarily coming through the defrost and floor. I am quite pleased with how well the system works. Unless I am using defrost mine is always in auto and I just set the temp. In other vehicles that don't have such nice HVAC systems I usually leave the heat controls on Defrost/floor all winter, as this setting keeps the a/c on with the heat and keeps the windows (all) clear by constantly dehumidifying.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9