clunking noise when slowing down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteezTight

Reaction score
For the past week or so my truck has been making a strange clunking noise when slowing down. You can hear the noise slearly and feel it slightly as it happens repeatedly when slowing down. It only does it between 0-15 mph and is does it whether I am braking or not. It seems like it might be coming from the differential/driveshaft region. Any Ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be a bad u-joint, but probably brake related (sticking caliper)?

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can even be the rear drive-shaft rubber flex coupler/flange -asmine made some weird clunks just before I ditched it (it was completely worn - I am amazed the shaft stayed in one piece).

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Very True wolf... the rear donut will cause odd noises as well.

SteezTight

Reaction score
When i put on my lift i switched out the flange for u joints in the rear, so its not that. I think I'm just gonna go a head and replace the ones in the front and see if it stops, thanks.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sort of lift did you do (i.e., how many inches)?

When i put on my lift i switched out the flange for u joints in the rear, so its not that. I think I'm just gonna go a head and replace the ones in the front and see if it stops, thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo