Clutch adjustments on a Manual tranny...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

Screehopper

97 was the last year for manual in US

beemer said:
Shawn, was this a 95 D1 that was sold in 96? In the US only 94-95 were sold with 5-speed, after were auto only. Less than 2% for two years in the US are sticks, the rest of the world is mostly stick.

97 was the last year for manual in US for the Disco. I have a '97 5-speed.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
montanablur, it's not that bad. I removed the plunger from the clutch pedal arm, Tig welded the end (ball) longer then used a flap wheel to polish into a ball again. You still want the return port to be open when the pedal is up. With any movement the return port is closed and pressure is applied to the ***** cylinder. You can instead figure how much plunger travel is needed before the port closes and machine that amount off the back of the master cylinder flange. Don't blame me if you have a failure on these mods.
This is splitting hairs as the factory has to allow for production tolerances. Carl........
...............................................................................................o&o>..............

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72