Clutch stuck disengaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonS08

Reaction score
18 months ago I drove my Series III into the garage for a number of maintenance items, which ultimately ended up being an entire front-end rebuild (see 'Excessive Axle Play below). When I finished and fired up, I went to press in the clutch and ... nothing there. It's already depressed!

I'm puzzled. I've had instances of the clutch being stuck engaged in the past, and a big bang when it cuts loose and disengages. But I don't quite understand this situation, or quite how to go about attacking it. The clutch is stuck in the disengaged position.

At first I thought that the ***** cylinder had hyper-extended and then the piston had become jammed rather than retracting. I've seen this before (elsewhere). But that isn't the case. Near as I can tell, up then behind the exhaust pipe, the clutch ***** cylinder is A-O-K. I guess i'm trolling around, trying to reason how the clutch could possible be stck in this position, and what to do about it short of pulling the engine out. Obviously I'd rather not go there unless I must.

Any ideas, Rover peeps?

Thanks,
Don

Chalky White

Reaction score
I had a problem with my Lightweight with the clutch rock solid when both master and ***** were OK , What had happened was the flexible pipe had started to break up inside and pieces of rubber were blocking it, worth checking.

Chalky

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72