Compass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SE no nav. I have heard that some LR3s came with a compass in the rearview mirror. Can I retro fit mine with one? I have the garage door openers on mine so I would want to keep that.
A guy would think a compass would be standard on all Land Rovers. They are kind of important when exploring new areas.

Trynian

Reaction score
I havn't seen one factory, you could find out from the dealer. If they did you would have to get a whole new mirror assembly. Last time I checked they were close to $700 to replace the homelink version that I have in my 06.

The company that made them for LR does sell them after market with the compass and homelink but they mount different then the factory one and you would have to do some modification to get it to work.

http://www.mitocorp.com/homelink-auto-dimming-mirrors.html

Last edited:

teamfalcon

Reaction score
2008 SE , purchased in 2009, no navigation system and no freaking compass.

My buddies were laughing when they said that even a Chevy cavalier has one...

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SE no nav. I have heard that some LR3s came with a compass in the rearview mirror. Can I retro fit mine with one? I have the garage door openers on mine so I would want to keep that.
A guy would think a compass would be standard on all Land Rovers. They are kind of important when exploring new areas.

Dr. Z how about just getting a Garmin, they have an on screen compass and you get your GPS of course.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo